Google+

Pages

Thursday 19 August 2010

RED GREG (Ebonite) now added to Terrace Party Line Up Sat Aug 28th Above Audio, Brighton.

We've been very fortunate in attracting some A1 DJ's to come and play for us at Disco Deviant. The Bank Holiday weekend is looking better by the day now. Nick V is over from Paris, Norman Jay is in town on Friday at Coalition and now we have managed to arrange for RED GREG to join the line up for the daytime do on Audio's lovely terrace. Here's a link to a selection of mixes from RED GREG

Audio Terrace, Sat 28th August, Red Greg, Nick V (Mona Paris), Ali Go Bang & Pablo Contraband. 3pm -9pm FREE 

He's been kind enough to put a bit of background biog together for us. Makes for an interesting read

'I grew up in East London and got my first taste of DJing around 1985 after gathering a few record and listening to tapes from local sound systems like Funkadelic Sound who were hugely influential and also mix tapes from Froggy (RIP) and Derek Boland who were both DJs at my local night club Bentleys in Canning Town.

Shortly after I started my own sound system with school friends and modified some second hand turntables by adding stop/start and rotary pitch controls and learnt myself how to mix soul and hip hop. A few years later I found myself playing everything from street soul, funk, acid, rare groove, go-go and house, but I never got into disco until I met another local DJ Henderson Yearwood in 1988, who was true disco junkie and used to play all this underground disco that I had never heard or seen in my life, It was only then that my love for 70s,80s Disco/Boogie grew, as well as my record collection and I started to play disco/boogie sets at various nights in London.

Then I backed off from DJing around 1998 for a few years but continued to collect records and in recent years started to DJ again, which led me to meet disco DJ Louis Heel at a London gig and a month or two later we launched our Ebonite disco night, which has been a roaring success and allows us to play all 70s disco and a touch of early 80s boogie.

I started to share mixes online a couple of years ago via my waxdj page http://waxdj.com/djs/28 that led to various promoters contacting me regarding gigs up and down the country and the opportunity to play alongside some great DJs and also gigs overseas and I've played a few times at my favourite underground NYC party 'Love Chant' which is an all vinyl affair, as well as great disco nights at Mona Paris, Club Sandwich Paris and it was an honour for Ebonite to give 70's disco back to the legendary Maxim's in Paris.

More recently I've been approached by Joey Negro for a future Disco/Boogie compilation on his Z Records label, so I've been busy digging deep into my records for lost gems and I've also started working on some edits for 12" release.

I'm looking forward to up coming gigs Back2Boogie at East Village, Vintage at Goodwood and of course the Disco Deviant Terrace Party at Audio on August 28.

We're also planning our next Ebonite party in London and looking forward to launching Ebonite in Paris this year.'

Also on the line up Are Nick V (Mona , Paris), Ali (Go Bang) & of course Pablo Contraband.

No comments: